Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah...

Zip-a-dee-ay! My, oh my what a wonderful day!

The day has come! Rich is taking care of the kids all day so I can have some of that "me" time I was telling you about a few posts back. Kind of a late Mother's Day present, I guess. Is it bad that all I want for Mother's Day, Christmas, Birthday, and any other holiday that warrants a present is alone time (okay, and maybe a small stipend)? Forget the jewelry, the flowers, the cards, the dustbusters (Shelley!), and the blog design (Janelle - after all, I can get that for free...eventually). Time alone is what I really want. Please don't misunderstand me (especially the grandparents who are reading this)...I LOVE AND ENJOY MY CHILDREN, but as my good friend once said, "They can suck the life right out of ya!". Since this comes from one of the best and most devoted Moms, I know....it must be true.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

you go girl!!! i'm not even a mom and i know the INCREDIBLE value of some alone time! hope you have a great day! (loving reading your blog by the way!!!)

Sara at Miller Moments: said...

yeah! You got the hyperlink thing DOWN! So what are you going to do with your free day?

Janelle said...

OK--that's funny! I hope you have an awesome day! We need to plan one for all us girls...soon, because all of our quivers are full of arrows :)