Saturday, May 19, 2007

Beauty is only skin deep...

1 Peter 3:3-4 “Do not let your adornment be merely outward-arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel, rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.”

I wanted to preface this post with that Bible verse because I want to talk about beauty products, and I believe that if "the hidden person of the heart" is not beautiful it doesn't matter what beauty products we use.

Having said that, I am a GIRL and I love and have always loved Girly things. A LOT of those things have taken a back seat since I became a Mom, but I still love a fun new product that will help me feel a little better on the outside. Do you remember that giddy feeling you had when you were a teenager and you brought home the coolest new product to try from the drugstore (any guys reading this can now tune out, you should have already!)? I still get that feeling once in awhile, but as a busy Mom I have less time for trial and error sooooo I thought we could have a little fun and help each other out. If you have a blog you can respond there or you can respond in the comments section of this post. Here is what I want to know...

1) Your favorite low cost beauty product.

2) Your favorite beauty product splurge.

3) The one beauty product you can't live with out (no, Starbucks Java Chip Ice Cream does not count unless you put it on your face!)

Here, I'll start...

1) Blistex Silk and Shine (the perfect chapstick...I use it under my lipstick)

2) L'Occitane Verbena Shower Gel (made with essential oils and feels like silk)

3) Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Lavendar Vanilla Blissful Body Wash (I use it as a bubble bath, it smells wonderful and lives up to its Aromatherapy purpose of promoting peaceful sleep).

Okay, your turn...

4 comments:

Janelle said...

1. Maybelline mascara in the green and pink tube. Love the coverage.

2. Arbonne Re9 set...my skin was transformed when I started to use it--set of 6; also Biolage Hydratheraphy shampoo and conditioner, worth every bloomin penny.

3. Chi Heat protectant serum...AWESOME!!! Definate must for straight hair wannabee.

Sara at Miller Moments: said...

low cost.
splurge.
can't live without.
Ok, I've literally just sat here for 5 minutes trying to think this one out. And quite honestly, I've become a true minimalist since the college days. I wear very little makeup - and you know that all of my products are going to be Melaleuca, obviously. I do love Mentholatum for my lips (low cost). As for splurge, I guess most would consider my Mela products as a splurge, but I don't. And for can't live without - it would have to be my Bare Essentials makeup. My skin has gone from totally oily in HS/College to completely and totally dry and flaky - so much so, that I can't even smooth powder on - because it flakes more. So the BE powder makeup is a lifesaver for me, since I can just fluff it on with a brush. Whew. There...you have my three...sort of. :)

Sparky said...

Ohh - I just have to respond because I LOVE a good beauty product.
1. OK - low cost - Carissa turned me on to L'oreal Double Extend mascara - it's a fabulous way to get long lashes. Highly recommend it!
2. Splurge - I love Bobbie Brown and my favorite is her Bronze Powder that comes in a compact.
3. Can't live without - Mac lipgloss, Viva Glam VI. Wear it everyday and get lots of compliments. Also, do love my Sleek Look hair products by Matrix. Worth every penny!

kittyhox said...

I'm responding to this post even though it was from a while back because I love this kind of stuff. I'm not a clothes person, but don't let me near the cosmetics department at Nordstrom. I have been known to lose my mind.

1) Your favorite low cost beauty product:

Cetaphil for normal to oily skin. I also like regular Cetaphil, during winter when my skin is more dry.

2) Your favorite beauty product splurge.

Kiehl's chamomile all-sport shampoo. It isn't really THAT expensive, but it isn't a bargain either.

As far as actual splurges, the T3 flat iron is the most expensive beauty item I've ever purchased. It's special.

3) The one beauty product you can't live with out:

My Shisheido (how is that spelled? eyelash curler.

Also, my Clinique eyeliner in smoky brown. They've discontinued the liner, but I see the color is still available on a different version of liner. It is literally the only eyeliner color I have ever been able to pull off.

Fun stuff!