100 Things About Me
AKA - An excuse to be self indulgent and bore you to tears in 2500 words or less
1) I tried to come up with something original to post for my 100th post.
2) You see the tradition seems to be to write 100 things about yourself, but I was thinking I could come up with something more exciting than that.
3) It seems not.
4) I thought of hosting a drawing for a 100 Grand candy bar, because everyone likes chocolate, right? And the name of the candy bar does have 100 in it.
5) I thought of posting Psalm 100 because I happen to think if David had written that particular book of the Bible in the year 2007, he would have totally blogged it.
6) I wondered if Big Mama might guest star for my 100th post.
7) I even thought about conspiring with Janelle who is also coming up to her 100th post, but she is not answering my emails.
8) Okay, I don't have enough material to write 100 things about my 100th post, so I am going to get back to things about me.
9) Hi, my name is Alana.
10) I grew up in Indiana, the Hoosier State.
11) They made a pretty good movie about Hoosiers.
12) If you haven't seen the movie, it is about basketball.
13) If you live in Indiana you are supposed to like basketball.
14) And there are two teams to root for...IU and Purdue.
15) For some reason I always rooted for IU, although I don't know why.
16) It may be because I like the colors red and white better than black and gold.
17) Yep, that's it.
18) Plus, Bobby Knight threw the chair and all when I was in the 5th grade and THAT made an impression.
19) I'm pretty sure I won't keep this 100 things in the sidebar of my blog since I just spent all of that time talking about basketball and I don't even like it that much. Update: If you are reading this in the sidebar of my blog...OBVIOUSLY I changed my mind!
20) I am the youngest of four girls.
21) My Mom still occasionally calls me her baby.
22) My sisters and I used to make cracker soup for a snack. Ingredients: crackers, water, and a dash of salt.
23) I actually remember trying to warm it on the heat register.
24) I guess because we weren't allowed to use the stove.
25) We also ate Peanut Butter and Pickle sandwiches.
26) We were culinary geniuses.
27) I grew up in the church.
28) Not literally in the building, but I've been going to church all my life.
29) I was baptized when I was 8.
30) That was a pretty special day.
31) And not just because I got to pick where we went out to eat that day.
32) Obviously I appreciate the significance of that day quite a bit more now as a 32 year old than I did when I was 8.
33) It was the day I was given a free gift.
35) There was nothing I could do to earn it.
36) If you've never received that free gift, I could help you get it.
37) That would be really cool.
38) I don't like to be cold.
39) I'm usually much colder than everyone else.
40) I almost always have cold hands.
41) But you know that means I have a warm heart.
42) I love people.
43) I care a lot about their feelings.
44) I can usually tell if something is bothering someone.
45) But sometimes I'm paranoid.
46) And sometimes they aren't being honest when they say "I'm fine".
47) I like when people are real.
48) Although, I'm not always as real as I should be.
49) I feel safer being real with someone that is real with me.
50) I guess most people do.
51) I can be completely real with my husband.
52) We met in college.
53) In music theory class.
54) He is a REALLY good man.
55) We have two really great boys.
56) One is 6 years old and one is 3 years old.
57) My 6 year old really likes to show his love through physical affection (hugs, kisses, etc.)
58) When I had the 6 year old via C section I actually felt it.
59) I had been in labor for 24 hours and the epidural had worn off.
60) My husband describes it as being very similar to the "FREEDOM" scene in Braveheart.
61) Richie was totally worth it.
62) My 3 year old is almost always happy. He also likes to give lots of kisses and cuddles.
63) I didn't feel a thing during my C-section with him.
64) I didn't realize until then that the first C-section was not all it was cracked up to be.
65) I thought maybe I was just a wimp.
66) It did hurt AFTER the C-section with Will.
67) William was totally worth it.
68) I was so drugged up after the C-section with William that when I picked up a cup to take a drink of water, I fell asleep
before I could get it to my lips for a drink.
69) The water spilled and I...woke up.
70) Did you know water is better with ice?
71) Especially ice that is rinsed.
72) I like Coca Cola a lot.
73) And Java Chip Ice Cream.
74) And my Mom's Mashed Potatoes.
75) I didn't eat salad until I was in college.
76) I still don't really like it.
77) I also don't like it when people are mean.
78) Mean people suck.
79) If you are mean I don't want you reading my blog.
80) Unless you have never received the free gift and in that case I know someone who can help you stop being mean.
81) If you are reading this blog and you have received the free gift and are still mean, maybe you need to take that up with God?
82) Actually, sometimes I am mean, too.
83) I try not to be, but I can be.
84) That's where grace comes in.
85) God forgives us even when we are mean.
86) Actually he forgives us for everything.
87) I didn't realize this was going to be so evangelical.
88) I wish I could be this evangelical in real life.
89) I'm not that great at telling people about Jesus.
90) I don't have a good excuse for that.
91) I'm just chicken.
92) And I'm afraid I won't know what to say.
93) See I told you I don't have a good excuse.
94) I'm almost to 100.
95) I'm trying to think of what else you might want to know about me.
96) I'm short.
97) My hair is brown.
98) My eyes are blue.
99) I like to blog.
100) I've done it 100 times.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
100 Things About Me