Saturday, July 21, 2007

Parting Thoughts

We are leaving in the morning to pick Richie up from his visit with my parents. We plan to stay with them for a few days so my blogging might be a little sparse.

I wanted to leave you with a few parting thoughts...

1) Dear Self (and others who might benefit),

When the care instructions on your new shirt say "hand wash only"...PLEASE, PLEASE don't be a lazy girl and throw it in the washer on the delicates cycle because you can't imagine why it would need to be washed by hand. The people who write those instructions are smarter than you and know about such things. YOU KNOW NOTHING!

Signed,

Girl With a Shrunken Shirt

2) I have been blessed by God, Boo Mama and Monk and Neagle (I feel bad not linking to God, wouldn't it be cool if God had a blog? Wait, how about this for a link to God?) Sorry, moving on...I won a free CD! Click on this little button if you would like to know more.

monk & neagle banner

Once I receive the CD and have done a thorough review, I'll give you my 2 cents on the subject.

3) Have you tried these? They are GOOD! I especially love that you can make a single serving in the microwave. I may be the last person in the world who has not given these a whirl, but I was a little weary of the preface "No Pudge". I've been burned before. But these, I highly recommend. I wouldn't put them side by side in a taste test with these...
But they might come close to holding their own against these. Enjoy!

4) I wanted to share another thing that I am loving right now. The USPS. Yes, that's right the United States Parcel Service. They have a very convenient feature on their website for holding mail. If you are going out of town, you can put your mail on hold for the time you are gone in just a matter of a few clicks. Is that cool or what?

5) And last I am adding a new blog to my blogroll. The title is Breath of Life by Melissa. I've been reading Melissa's blog for awhile now and it is a breath of fresh air. I can tell the Holy Spirit lives in Melissa by the words and attitudes displayed on her blog. Check it out. You will be blessed!

6) Oh wait, I forgot to tell you that Rich and I have been organizing! Actually, Rich has been doing the bulk of the hard work, but I've been consulting and dangerously wielding my label maker about, and I did do the pantry all by myself! Anyway, there is something so satisfying about a closet with a place for everything and everything in it's place. When we get home we are going to tackle the computer armoire and (dark foreboding music here) OUR closet. I kid around about Target being a Black Hole, but that closet...I can hardly step foot in it any more...it just sucks the life right out of me.

Until next time...

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks so much for the link luv!

I don't know what's happened to the Monk & Neagle button...gone, just like on my blog (I won, too!)

I'm doing some organizing myself. What a major task! But I know life will be so much better when it's done. I went back to your posts about Target & had a good chuckle. We don't have one here in my small town, which is a good thing. I recently went for 5 things, and came out $120 later because of the "great sales". I think the logo is a subtle form of hynosis. ;D

Have a great trip.

Janelle said...

I will miss you friend! Thanks for the linkages. I will be sure have happy reading in your absence. Hurry back!

Hug that boy!

Shelley said...

Maybe you can show me your organized closets sometime so I can know how to organize mine. I try to be organized, and sometimes I am, but SO does not come natural to me!

I haven't tried the "no pudge" brownies, where did you find them?

Love all the links, how fun!

I went to Target yesterday for "just a few things." I spent $130.

I got a free CD too! Yeah!

Have a good trip, we'll see ya soon!

Sparky said...

All this time and I had no idea you could go online to the USPS and have them hold your mail. Girl - that's exciting stuff right there! I love learning something new everyday. Have a GREAT trip.

michelle said...

You are so clever! I'm enjoying your post! By the way, let me know if you come up with any great organizing tips! Our closet needs help also! Travel safe!

Sara at Miller Moments: said...

where are you??? been missing my Alana fix! :) Hope all is well...

Anonymous said...

Parting thoughts are always better than parting shots. Don't worry blog world, Alana will be up and blogging like normal in just a few days.

By the way. We miss our wireless high speed internet connection as one would miss a close member of the family. [well… like one you ignore unless you want or need something. Our relationship is rather one-sided]

Aimee Friedrich said...

hey, something else about the USPS online; you can print out postage and schedule a package to be picked up at your house by your postal carrier--saves a trip with the kids. Really great blog! thanks!