Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday 13

Wow, can't believe I almost missed my Thursday 13.

Glory be to God...our hotel has free WIFI. If you don't know what WIFI is - google it! And If you don't know how to google something then you have more serious problems than I can help you with ;-)

13 Random Road Trip Thoughts

1) Praising God for safe travel!

2) You can easily entertain a 3yr old and 5 yr old with the world's lamest car game. You know...one you made up because even though you've read countless magazine articles on the topic you can't remember a SINGLE one!

3) If your youngest child is continually grunting and won't eat his lunch, don't be surprised when he comes down with a fever a couple of hours later :-(

4) WARNING - If you are desperate and have to buy a tiny bottle of Children's Motrin at a gas station in the middle of nowhere...it will cost you.

5) You may not mind, though, because they also have your favorite childhood soda (Big Red).

6) And a pack of Sweetarts. For future reference, they are much cheaper than the Motrin and work just as well!

7) DVD players are a gift from God!

8) While the DVD player is entertaining your kids you might be able to sneak in a few GLORIOUS minutes listening to real GROWN UP music on your IPOD.

9) However, be prepared to wear out the pause button addressing issues like "Can I have a snack?" or "I have to pee" once or twice or sixteen times.

10) Once you tell your child that you will be there in 10 minutes, a sudden hour-long traffic jam is sure to ensue.

11) When the Sweetarts and Motrin wear off, the grunting and fever will return.

12) Low battery power on your laptop is a good reason to give up trying to come up with a more relevant #12

13) I wonder what tomorrow will hold?

2 comments:

Janelle said...

We are heading out the door for a mini-road trip. I will remember the sweetarts...and I will pack my own Motrin for good measure.

Sparky said...

Big Red - just those two words start my mouth a waterin. We used to use it to make Big Red Passion in our ice cream machine. We'll make it for you sometime. I hope you're having a wonderful trip!