Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I've been tagged!

8 Random Facts or Habits /Meme

I've been tagged for a meme (see my friends post at Cup of T)

Here are the rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog post about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Without further ado...because I know you can't stand the suspense.

1. I rinse ice.

2. Though normally mild mannered, when provoked, I can switch to "Listen here, Mister" mode quite efficiently.

3. Rich and I lived in England for a year while Rich was in graduate school. We lived in a flat off of a 200 year old home. Our landlady had the most beautiful garden. Imagine a picturesque english garden in your head...it really looked like that!

4. In the fourth grade I almost won the school spelling bee. My friends will tell you I'm bitter over this, but I'm really not. It's no big deal. Really. But I will have you know that I when I skipped a letter in renewal (renewl) and my arch enemy went in for the kill. Her word was...get this...sailboat. SAILBOAT! What fourth grader can't spell that word? SERIOUSLY!!!

5. I have a strange little habit that sometimes causes me to pause and mentally type a word. Sometimes I actually move my fingers and sometimes I just figure it out in my head which fingers I would use to type that word.

6. When I studied music in college I had paralyzing stage fright. I would psych myself out and lose my voice. I was traumatized every time I had to do a recital...which unfortunately was often. I overcame it to some degree by the time I graduated, but didn't really get over it until after I left college.

7. I sing all the time, even when I don't realize it. One time I was at the eye doctor's and the receptionist told me that I had a beautiful voice. I was like, uh...thank you, but how do you know? She said I was singing while she was adjusting my glasses. I really didn't know I was singing!

8. I didn't really know my left from my right until I was a teenager and had to learn it for like...DRIVING. I don't know how I missed that important bit of learning or how I hid it for so long, but it is true. For any of you out there who might still be struggling with this I'll let you in on a little secret. Hold your hands so that your thumb is horizontal and your forefinger is vertical. Whichever one forms an L for Left...that's your left. The other one? That's your right. Your welcome!

Now it's your turn. I'm supposed to tag eight people:

Dixie at The Royal Family Blog (because I'm a glutton for punishment)

Sara at Miller Moments

Janelle at Snot and Kisses

Shelley at I've Got An Itch

JP's Mom at Babydolls and Soccer Balls

Sarah at Shopaholic and Mommyhood

Celeste at Poetic Justice


Michelle at Two Kids and A Blog

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

This is the third one of these I have read and they are a hoot!! Too funny!

Janelle said...

I love learning more about you! I realized that my life is DULL as a doorknob. Don't waste your precious minutes checking on me :)

Teresa said...

That "listen here mister" brought back memories... remember the whole "boat and rocking it and being the captain" dialogue in Alabama? I sure do miss you!! What I wouldn't give to see you and your typing fingers again! :) Love and miss you, tons!!

Shelley said...

thanks for the "tag" my friend! i posted mine this morning! hope all is well :), we miss you!

michelle said...

Since I've been traveling, I thought Dixie would beat me on this post for sure. :)