Thursday, August 2, 2007

Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged

Tonight Richie pulled out his baby album and was looking through the pictures.

This is the dialogue that ensued...

Richie: That’s Mommy, she looked younger then.

Will: Where’s me? Where’s Me? Where’s me? Is that Me?

Richie: That’s Daddy, he was a nurse for a while. (referring to the scrubs)

Will: Where’s me? Where’s Me? Where’s me? Is that Me?

Richie: I was naked the whole time I was in the hospital.

Will: Where’s my picture? Is that me?

Richie: (in an agitated tone) NO, THAT'S ME! OKAY? THEY'RE ALL PICTURES OF ME! YOU WEREN'T BORN YET!

Will: (in a dejected tone) Where’s MY book?

At this point, my stomach is in knots because I know that there is no album for William.

(collective gasp of horror from all you scrap booking types)

I haven't put one together yet. I seriously considered pulling an all-nighter to remedy the situation. Words cannot express the Mommy guilt I was feeling. I think I need a permanent hand shaped like an L attached to my forehead. LOSER!

Grasping at straws, I pulled out his baby book because I have actually kept up with that quite well.

YEEAAHH...It didn't quite cut it.

And then "wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles", I remembered it! Most of the pictures of William were taken on a digital camera and shortly after he was born Rich made a DVD slide show of the pictures.

HALLELUJAH!

THANK YOU, JESUS!

WE'VE BEEN REDEEMED!

You can imagine the excitement of my three year old as he gleefully viewed his very own Baby DVD!

I was really hoping to share the DVD with you on this little blog o mine, but it appears my technological savvy with videos and blogging only goes so far. So, you'll just have to trust me when I say there would ne'er be a dry eye in the house!

I won't leave you totally hanging, though. Here are a few of my favorite pics from Will's "baby DVD"
















13 comments:

Carissa said...

SOOOO sweet alana!!!! and SOOOO good that you remembered that DVD. this could change the face of scrapbooking forever...the new DVD album...all you have to do is add music!!!

Pam said...

Those pictures are precious, you have beautiful boys.

dawn said...

Alana-you are BEAUTIFUL. Even asleep after surgery you look so peaceful and rested.

I really want to see the whole thing!

Sweet baby Will!

Shelley said...

Are you trying to create baby fever? The pictures are beautiful, and I love the baby DVD idea! Just in case you still want to do an album, you could come to the next scrapbook retreat day with me! I realize that a baby DVD is more than sufficient, but it's always fun to bring a friend!

Teresa said...

How precious are your boys!! You have such beautiful pictures! I have so much mommy guilt to look forward to! :) Love you!

Janelle said...

OK...You and I have the same goal. I need to finish my book for L. I propose scrapping days on Tues and Thurs between the hours of 9:30-11:30. I am serious! That is my goal while she is in preschool. Who is with me?

Janelle said...

By the way, you have beautiful babies and memories. I should have said that first. I love the dialog...we had the same discussion at our house recently!

kittyhox said...

Oh that baby face! Is there anything in the universe more perfect and beautiful? Nope!

And we were already itching for another baby!

I also love the shot of you sleeping together. And the shot of you nose to nose with Richie. and the shot of the two boys together.

Heck, I love them all.

Maybe you should have another... Hee hee!

Shelley said...

I'm in Janelle! I won't have anyone in pre-school, but maybe I can talk to nana. And I also forgot to say how incredibly beautiful your babies are Alana. So perfect, so sweet, so tiny (sigh) I think you might need another one!

Anonymous said...

Nope,… at least, not yet

Rochelle said...

This was a beautiful post with beautiful pictures!! And you say I motivate YOU to get off your "behind" and exercise!? You motivate ME!! I would love to look that good 7 years after having a baby - you looked good 7 hours later!! LOL! (Of course, Keilani is adopted so I technically can't use baby fat as an excuse... BUT I STILL DO!! LOL!!)

Unknown said...

I love those pictures!!!!!

michelle said...

What sweet pictures! It is fun to see Richie as a toddler and Will as a baby! They are adorable! I also love the picture of you two nose to nose! If it makes you feel any better about being behind in baby pictures, I'm still working on a baby album for Annie and I need to start one for Austin. Even aunts get delayed with photos!