Janelle, you are NOT alone.
I'm so far behind; I think I'm first.
I remember buying a key chain with this little saying when I was in Junior High and thinking it was applicable to my life then.
I really am behind.
Do you want PROOF?
Here are 13 reasons. Because after all it IS Thursday.
1) Richie's birthday was July 12th, I still haven't sent out the thank you notes. For those of you who aren't great at math...that's two months!
2) One of my best friends and one of my sisters both called to chat over a week ago and I have yet to return their calls. (In my defense I want to actually talk to them when I call so I'm waiting until I have a good chunk of time to invest).
3) We moved 19 months ago and I have yet to get the address on my license changed.
4) I have not been "caught up" on the laundry for months...probably closing in on a year with that one.
5) We have a gift certificate for a two night's stay at a RESORT here in town and we have yet to use it. And I don't see it happening in the near future.
6) Pictures. Need I say more? Actually, yes I do need say more. Some of you feel bad because you are behind on your scrapbooks. I have boxes and boxes of photos that are not even SORTED (I mean dated back to college...and I'm no spring chicken anymore). And you've already heard about the 4000 some digital pictures on my computer.
7) Will is 3 years old and very few of his baby pictures are printed let alone put into an album or scrapbook of any kind. Although he does have a baby DVD.
8) I have a few dents in the back of my car (not all made by me) that have yet to be repaired. The first dent was made while we were at our old house (you know...before we MOVED 19 months ago?)
9) We put our aquarium of fish in the garage after we moved (say it with me...19 months ago) until we could find the time to secure Richie's chest of drawers to the wall. As a result, how shall I put this delicately...um...let's just say the population of fish in the tank has declined quite a bit. Apparently they are not hearty enough for extreme temperatures.
10) On the top of the armoire in our bedroom, there is a little montage of picture frames. Our intent was to have our wedding picture in the middle and our parent's wedding pictures on either side. We had a picture the right size for Rich's parents, but needed to get a copy made of my parent's picture. That frame is still empty after 19 MONTHS!
11) I have a dead plant in my closet. Why you ask? Because (after we moved...anyone sensing a theme here?) I put it in there until I could buy a pot to put it in that would go better with our new decor.
12) I just replaced a blender that I broke 2 years ago...last week.
13) Finally, does anyone know the shelf life of spices? Because I have some that date back to my wedding shower...11+ years ago.
I don't know what my problem is. I'm really not lazy, although I could at times use my time more wisely (i.e. blogging about why I'm behind on things instead of tackling something I'm behind on...but hey...this is therapeutic...plus now I have a list for future reference). And despite your impressions after reading this, I'm actually fairly organized. What's the deal? I'm hoping it is the season I am in and that in the five hours a week without kids this year I can manage a trip to the DMV for the address change on my license, take some time to throw out some spices, sort through a few pictures, and dare I say it...catch up? We'll see. It seems like every time I think I'm getting caught up I MOVE, or have a baby, or have a baby AND move, or start a business, or have Christmas, or get addicted to blogging (okay, that last one was definitely my fault).
What about you? I figure you are either feeling better about yourself after viewing this post because you aren't THAT far behind, you're feeling comforted because you have a similar list, or maybe you're yelling "PANSY!" at the computer because I have nothing on YOU.
Feel free to share. I'm listening...
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Janelle, you are NOT alone.