You guys had a lot to say on the matter of my last post.
I wanted to address some of your comments and clarify a few things if I may.
Normally, I would try to work all of my thoughts together into something that flows using those clever little things called paragraphs, but I'm just not sure I have enough brain power to accomplish that this evening so bear with me as I address you in list form.
1) I appreciate what Abigail had to say about there being no condemnation in Christ. I hope that none of you felt that I was condemning myself or anyone else for not having an intentional "quiet time" each day. Especially those of you with itty bitty ones...a daily quiet time was not even on my radar a couple of years ago. Making to my next birthday with everyone alive? Yes. Daily quiet time? No. My youngest is almost four and I feel like I am just now coming out of the fog enough to attempt this. This has been a personal decision for me and I believe it is born out of conviction, not condemnation as I am desiring to draw closer to Him.
2) I tend toward perfectionism and will often do all or nothing. If I wasn't able to find the time to read ALL of the reading, EVERY day then I wouldn't do it at all. A big part of this victory for me has been a shift in my perspective. That is shifting from checking "time with God" off of a to-do list to spending time with God because I want to know Him better. That is what this is all about! Amen?
3) Thank you all so much for sharing your heart and your experiences in this matter. I loved having this "discussion" with all of you. I think that we are stronger as a body of believers when we can be honest and transparent with each other.
4) For those of you who asked for prayer in this area. I will pray for you!
5) And lastly, it appears I made a few of you feel guilt in regards to my poll. So sorry. Please know there is also no condemnation on Alana's blog for not participating in a poll.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008